Construction on Newnan Fire Station No. 4 is complete. Located on Millard Farmer Industrial Blvd., the new station will help alleviate the call volume received to Station 1 in downtown Newnan, Georgia.
The City of Newnan Fire Department (NFD) was established in 1894. The department provides Basic Life Support Emergency Medical Services, Fire Suppression, Fire Prevention and Education, Extrication, Hazardous Materials Response, and Technical Rescue to protect and serve approximately 33,000 residents.
Headley Construction crews began work on Newnan Fire Station No. 4 late last year. This fall, we were proud to celebrate the opening of the 7,347-square-foot facility, which now houses 24-hour staffing for one engine. Along with areas for high-tech firefighter equipment, the new station is outfitted with spacious bunks, common areas, and gym.
"The most important thing we do at the City of Newnan is keeping our citizens safe. Supporting our public safety building and this new fire station help support that network of safety for our citizens which is critically important.”
At the groundbreaking ceremony last October, Mayor Keith Brady thanked the citizens of Newnan and Coweta County for voting on the SPLOST which helped fund the fire station, allowing the city to avoid any long-term debt as a result.
The spaces were designed to support the Newnan firefighters who save lives and millions of dollars a year in property damage by fighting active fires, making emergency medical calls, and offering job training opportunities to the next generation of public safety workers in Georgia.
Learn more about the NFD here. >
#buildbetter #publicsafety #newnanstrong